Fast-growing Environmental Company seeks a proven Storm Water Field Maintenance Consultant in our Northern California office, located in Hayward. Responsibilities include performing routine and skilled mechanical work in the maintenance and repair of storm water treatment systems, in addition to evaluating industrial sites for regulatory compliance purposes. The successful candidate will possess a highly functional blend of technical know-how, trouble shooting skills, tool sense and self-motivation to accomplish goals independently. This position requires some knowledge of storm water treatment system or water filtration system maintenance and the ability to maintain paperwork and travel to multiple industrial sites.
- Knowledge and technical skills required for the repair and maintenance of water treatment systems.
- Ability to work within the overall organization, as well as developing positive relationships with customers at industrial sites in the field.
- A four year degree in an engineering science is preferred, or a technical certification or equivalent experience.
- Ability to express ideas effectively and concisely.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to follow instructions.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Must be accessible and available in the event of emergencies or rain events.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver’s License and have the ability to maintain a motor vehicle record to allow driving.
- Perform repairs and replacement of components such as pumps and filters.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining water treatment systems.
- Observe and report any and all defects, deterioration, and wear and tear on systems.
- Dismantle mechanical systems and devices for servicing, repair, or replacement of parts.
- Trouble shoot water treatment systems and compliance status in the field.
- Must be willing to work weekends and additional hours when required.
- Requires full range of body motion, including reaching, stooping, kneeling, climbing and walking.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Requires standing/walking for extended periods of time.
- Must have good vision, with or without corrective devices.
- Requires ability to operate motorized maintenance equipment requiring manual dexterity.
Travel: Travel throughout Northern Califoria.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and a cover letter immediately.