Water Treatment Technician
Fast growing storm water treatment company seeking motivated self-starter with skills in mechanical, electrical, and chemical systems to operate and maintain treatment systems. Typical duties will include interfacing with engineers and clients; operating treatment systems; collecting samples; inventorying supplies; completing inspection reports; troubleshooting pumps, pipes and fittings, and electrical systems; and performing repairs. The selected individual will also assist with conducting facility BMP inspections, writing/developing storm water related plans, agency liaison, and creation of other related documents for compliance with industrial storm water regulations; particularly the California Industrial General Permit (IGP).
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders to various levels
- Occasional lifting of up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, safety glasses, splash shields, hearing protection, and safety shoes.
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- 2+ years of Industrial Storm Water experience preferred
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Knowledge of the New Storm Water Industrial General Permit
- Knowledge of Industrial Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Familiarity with industrial facilities and plans
- Familiarity with field sampling equipment and procedures
- Familiarity with the state’s SMARTS system
- Experience writing Industrial SWPPPs is a plus
- Ability to successfully manage and complete a large volume of work under deadline
- Excellent writing, note taking, and communication skills
- Must be self-directed, hard-working and a team player
- Must be willing to work during “all” rain events (with exceptions), work overtime, and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree required, related field is preferred
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must be willing to drive your own vehicle to sites in Santa Rosa, Windsor, Sonoma, Lodi and Sacramento, California
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, with benefits after the 60 day probationary period.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter, with salary history to: EnvironmentalJobsNow@yahoo.com